Saturday, September 29, 2007

September 29, 2007 (And I'm feeling good...)

Yesterday wasn't that bad. I had a banana for breakfast, soup for lunch, some sherbert (I think I'm close to breaking that habit!) around dinner-time, and then a late dinner of Chinese food for a friends birthday. I probably ate too much Chinese food, and too much bad stuff, but I at least stopped eating when I was full, rather than diving back in. Also, we ate famiy style, so while I had a bunch of everything, I don't think I totally devoured too much. I also had birthday cake, but just ate the cake part, and left the outer frosting on the plate.

I only got in three walks with the pup, and no run or hike, but today I'll change that with a hike up Runyon with my friend Alex.

Also, yesterday, I had therapy. It was my last therapy session for some time, as my health insurance expires tomorrow. The last time I stopped seeing him (when I toured this summer) I felt a bit like a ship at sea with a broken motor, but I'm hopeful this time that I will maintain some sense of stability.

Right now, I'm feeling good.

My friend Courtney and I have talked about the craft of directing, and I think she'll agree with me when I say that good directing is about making good choices. For the most part, life is a series of yes and no questions. Some of them big-picture, others small. Should I go for a walk? Yes or no. Should I have pizza for dinner? Or a salad? Small choices. And, if you make more good and correct choices than bad and incorrect choices, with any luck, you'll end up on top.

So here goes. I'm going to try and make an abundance of good choices, with a smattering of bad choices thrown in just to remind myself that I'm human.

Thanks for reading.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home