Sunday, September 30, 2007

September 30, 2007 (Wherein I slip a bit...)

Yesterday was good and bad then decent then worse... Ah well.

Started out good. Breakfast was a banana, lunch was a bowl of soup. Then, I went for a hike up Runyon with the pup and my friend Alex. Betweeen hiking and going out to another birthday party, I was supposed to relax and shower and watch a little TV, and instead I ate a frozen pizza and a small hunk of cheese. Ugh. Then I showered. Then I went to a birthday party, where I resisted the urge to eat any of the appetizers out, but totally scarffed down dinner (a fantastic shrimp creole with black beans and rice). That would have been fine in and of itself, but I slathered on about a half stick of butter onto the corn bread, and... the rest is history. Oh, and I topped it off with birthday cake. Ugh.

Oh well. I can't let it derail me. And I thought very seriously about derailing myself last night. I came home and had the thought, "since I've already crapped all over this day, may as well top it off with some cookies or ice cream," but... mercifully, fought off the urge. Well, okay, I took a sleeping pill so I didn't have the energy to pursue the urge... but it worked nevertheless.

Today, hopefully, will be better. I'm off to hike Runyon, then eat some Chipotle for lunch, then get my eyes examed, then... maybe eat sherbert for dinner... or who knows what else.

Thanks for reading.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home