Saturday, May 03, 2008

Making it work.

So Day 3 wasn't that much of struggle, though my God temptation was everywhere.

I had to do some grocery shopping for my boss for a barbeque he's having tonight, and I went to a place called Smart and Final (it claims to be a warehouse store without membership). Wandering the aisles of the store I was struck by just how unredeeming every lick of food in the place was. And I was equally drawn to all the food and repulsed by it.

I think the crux of the problem is this: I couldn't imagine buying anything in the place and just enjoying a little bit of it. I could polish off a tray of brownies, an enormous bag of chips, a box of cookies, a pound of cheese, whatever.

My body is also adjusting to having less food, which is good and slightly uncomfortable at times. I get hunger pangs when I'm clearly not hungry, and I have been doing my best to fill that space with fruit and water. So far so good.

And I went out to dinner with my friend David to my favorite Asian restaurant, Wokcano on Third. Normally, I would get the orange chicken for dinner, and while I can pretend that chicken isn't bad for me and orange is just a fruit, I knew better. And while I was desperate to eat it, I didn't want to sacrifice what I've accomplished over the past couple of days.

Anyway, that was the day that was. Here are the details:

Day 3 food:

Banana
Chicken and sausage gumbo (entire can)
Granola bar
Strawberries (about 6)
Steamed chicken dumplings (6)
Spicy tuna roll
Avocado roll

Day 3 exercise: Three long walks

Daily weight: 277 lbs. (down 7)

So that was the day that was. Today, hopefully a hike up Runyon Canyon, and poker tonight. I wonder what I'll eat for dinner?!

Thanks for reading!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home