Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The end of week 1

So there you have it. I survived a week of this, and I feel so much better for it. It certainly wasn't easy, but I at least don't feel like I'm going to have a heart attack on a daily basis, and eating less food certainly costs less than eating more food.

Yesterday was good. I skipped breakfast, but had a banana on the way to the airport to pick up a friend. From there, I sent to my favorite shitty sushi place (try saying that a few times fast... shitty sushi) and got what I normally get from there: the chicken teriyaki bowl, spicy tuna roll and avocado roll. (Oh, and get this, the prices have gone up there as well... almost $3 more for the exact same thing...)

It was definitely too much food for me though, so I saved most of the sushi for dinner. Late afternoon I did a hike up Runyon Canyon (getting easier by the day), then watched the election results and ate the leftover sushi. I also snacked on some granola after dinner, but not that much.

Sometimes I stare down at my belly and wish it could just go away instantly. I know that's never going to happen, but it's sort of startling that I can make a change to my body (like the change I've done in the past week). It might not be the insta-gratification I seek, but I'm not going to complain.

Nor am I going to take this all for granted. I know full well I can slip up at any moment. All it takes is one stop at Wendy's, or one trip to the 7-Eleven, and it could be curtains for this whole effort. But at a bare minimum I'm going to do my best to keep it going. I'm not getting any younger, that's for sure.

So that was the day that was. Here, some facts:

Day 7 food:

Banana
Chicken teriyaki bowl (rice, chicken, brocolli, lettuce)
Spicy tuna roll (7 pcs. total)
Avocado roll(6 pcs. total)
Granola (about 1/2 cup)

Day 7 exercise: Runyon Canyon hike and three long walks

Daily weight: 273 lbs. (down 11)


So onto Week 2. If I can keep up 11 pounds a week I'm sure I'll be stoked! But obviously that pace won't continue... Today, though, I've got a couple of yoga DVD's arriving from Netflix. Hopefully one of them will be a good fit for me, and help me to continue in this effort.

Thanks for reading!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home