Sunday, May 11, 2008

Ahh the lasagne

So yesterday was a great big test, and I think I passed. I probably could have made a couple of better choices (well, maybe one, but who knows for sure), but overall I think I did just fine.

The morning started early (okay, 9:30 a.m.!), but early for me. I managed to sneak in a yoga workout and a long with the pup before throwing together some cottage cheese, strawberries and granola and hitting the road for Palm Springs.

Once there, we played poker all day, and the snacks were flying fast and furious. I brought along a bag of Quaker Quakes to snack on, kept up with the water drinking, and resisted the fabulous-looking guacamole and chips and spinach dip and crackers. Not easy though! I also ate a banana I had brought along.

For dinner, I had a little bit of everything. Lasagne (small-ish piece), bread with tomato, one sausage, and some salad. Water throughout. And then some extra salad when all was said and done.

Now, truthfully, I probably could have easily skipped the sausage. I probably could also have done without the extra helping of salad (it was mostly dressing, but ooooh so good). Anyway, it’s what I did. I did my best to eat like a normal person. No second helpings, no heaping plate full of crap. The one bad thing, I think, is how quickly I ate. I felt a bit like a prisoner devouring a last meal… For the future, I will be better aware of that and enjoy it a bit more.

And then… birthday cake. Again, normal people eat birthday cake, they just don’t eat five slices. So, I had a small slice of lemon cake (again, sooo delicious).

When I got home at four in the morning, I took Tessie for a walk, then ate a few mouthfuls of sherbert.

Overall, a big eating day for me. But I did my best to eat in moderation, and I think I pulled it off.

Now, just the facts:

Day 11 food:

Cottage cheese, strawberries and granola
Banana
Quaker Quakes (probably 12 or so)
Lasagne (small slice)
Caesar salad (two small servings)
Grilled sausage (one link)
Bread and diced tomatoes
Lemon cake (small slice)
Sherbet

Day 11 exercise: Yoga workout and two long walks

Daily weight: 269 lbs. (down 15)


So today back to normal. No more birthdays. No more lasagna. Stay tuned.

Thanks for reading!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home