Sunday, May 18, 2008

Get me outta here!

Okay, the whole being a shut-in thing ain't all it's cracked up to be. I'm starting to get a bit of cabin fever, and my diet (and my weight) are suffering.

More random granola-related snacking throughout the day, capped off by a large take-out Chinese dinner at the tail end. Sure I got in my three walks, but that's about it for any type of physical activity. And I'd walk more, but I can tell the pup is tuckered out before we even reach the front door. The long walks just take too much out of her.

I'm doing this for her, though, so I shant complain too much. That said, I do look forward to the end of the exile.

And while my back is starting to feel better (not 100% yet, but close), now my neck is starting to hurt. That's partially because my sofa isn't made for long-range sitting and sleeping (chosen strategically for that very reason, as I wanted to ensure that I always went to bed instead of sleeping on the sofa all night). A smart move under normal circumstances, but unfortunately it's not working to my advantage during this weekend.

Anyway, that's that. Today's a new day.

I'm contemplating starting a diet that a friend has recommended to me. I think it's related to Body for Life or something like that, though not that specifically. It's pairing a carb with a protein, eating every 4 hours, and sticking to it. Not sure if I'm going to officially give it a go, but we'll see.

Now, the facts:

Day 18 food:

Granola and cottage cheese
Granola bar (3)
Steamed dumplings (4)
Garlic chicken and rice
Crunchy noodles
Fortune cookies (2)

Day 18 exercise: Three long walks

Daily weight: 271 (down 13)


So the weight jumped a couple of pounds! Ugh. I did drink lots of water yesterday, so I'm hopeful it's somehow related to that. Anyway, off to face the day today.

Thanks for reading.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home